Click the image above to view a slideshow of Nevada’s historic Belmont Courthouse.
Belmont Courthouse State Historic Park is located 45 miles northeast of Tonopah via U.S. Highway 6, State Route 376 and Monitor Valley Road.
Built in 1876, the Belmont Courthouse was the seat of Nye County government until 1905. The building is partially restored and offers a glimpse into Nevada’s colorful past. Although no developed facilities are available, camping and picnic facilities are available on nearby public lands or the U. S. Forest Service Pine Creek Campground in the Monitor Valley, located 20 miles north of Belmont via Nevada Highway 82.
There are no public park facilities at Belmont and no tourist services available in Belmont. The Courthouse is open to the public. Contact Region 3 Headquarters office at (775) 867-3001 for information.
Visit parks.nv.gov/bc.htm for more information.