CARSON CITY, Nev.–Governor Jim Gibbons today released the names of those who will represent Nevada on the joint Nevada-California Tahoe Basin Fire Commission.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by Governor Jim Gibbons and California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Monday, July 23, 2007 states that each Governor shall appoint eight voting members and no more than three non-voting ex officio members.
“Everyone—federal and state agencies, residents, management agencies, business owners and environmental entities— shares a common goal, an environmentally healthy and functioning Lake Tahoe Basin. The Lake Tahoe Basin and the forest resources must be managed by proven forestry practices based on sound science. I look forward to the commission’s review of the policies that currently govern forest management in the Tahoe Basin,” Gibbons said.
Governor Gibbons appointed the following members to serve on the Nevada-California Fire Commission:
- Co-Chair, Honorable Sig Rogich, former U.S. Ambassador and Government Affairs Specialist
- James M. Wright, Chief, State of Nevada Fire Marshal
- Pete Anderson, Nevada Division of Forestry, State Forester, Fire Warden
- Michael D. Brown, Chief, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District/Nevada Fire Safe Council
- Jim Santini, Former Nevada Congressman and co-author of the Burton-Santini Act
- John Koster, President of Northern Nevada Region of Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc.
- Bud Hicks, President, Glenbrook Homeowners Association
- Bob Davidson, Lake Tahoe Basin Homeowner
- Allen Biaggi, Director of Nevada Division of Conservation and Natural Resources/TRPA Board member
- Leo Drozdoff, Administrator of the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection